6161 Chip Ave, Cypress, CA 90630
Tel: (310) 836-7900
As a Supplier Quality Engineer: you will fall under the purview of Supply Chain and purchasing departments and work at the discretion of the Quality Manager. This requires working with the Operations, Supply Chain (Purchasing). Materials Control, Engineering, on a near daily basis, as well as many other teams within Q-Tech, such as: the Sales, Order Engineering, Quality Control, and Production Teams. Externally, you will interface with Q-Tech suppliers to maintain and increase the quality of received goods and form necessary relationships. Additionally, we believe in an environment in which our engineers are encouraged to engage in projects they deem important to the Company and to themselves. It is encouraged for you to be observant of issues and problems that would benefit from your attention and skills and with approval, you will have the freedom to work on projects you consider important.
- Maintenance of Approved Supplier List (ASL) in ABAS ERP
- Cooperation with internal purchasing activity
- Maintenance of relationships with Q-Tech corporation suppliers and vendors, including administering of supplier/vendor surveys and supplier/vendor audits
- Developing, maintaining, and administering documentation in support of suppliers
- Tracking and improving supplier quality and throughput.
- Work with Supply Chain (Purchasing) goods receiving, Material Control, QA Receiving Inspection to evaluate and disposition incoming production goods.
- Communicate with all necessary departments regarding product acceptance results.
- Evaluate and qualify new Suppliers/Vendors
- Perform on site Supplier Qualification audits.
- Administer external supplier corrective and preventative actions requests (Q-Tech SCAR/SPAR)
- Prepare company-wide metrics for Management Review Process
- Assist in company-wide audits by external certifying agencies and customers, such as our annual AS9100 audit.
- Write new, update existing, and train employees on Q-Tech Corporation Standard Operating Procedures and Forms
- Administer internal Corrective and Preventative Action Requests (CAR/PAR)
- Assist in responding to our Customer’s Supplier Corrective and Preventative Actions Requests to include Failure Analysis Reports, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
- Perform Failure Analysis on RMA and in-house failures with engineering as needed.
- Coordinate outside test lab analysis as needed.
- Support ISO 14001, DFARS, conflict minerals reporting, REACH & RoHS, including furnishing applicable information to customers.
- Develop metrics for suppliers.
- Assist in follow up and expediting goods and services as required to meet schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field and 2+ years working experience or 6+ years commensurate experience.
- Social proficiency in dealing with suppliers/Customers and fellow team members.
- Proficient utilization of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong technical writing ability
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in manufacturing of crystal oscillators (MIL-PRF-55310) or related technologies
- Familiarity with element evaluation in accordance with MIL-PRF-38534
- Experience with thermal and mechanical testing requirements for space applications
- Familiarity with test methods in MIL-STD-883
- Ability to work both independently and in cross functional teams with proven history of meeting deadlines.
- Passion for the aerospace industry